Programme Labellisé ARTHRITIS R&D 2023
Application deadline: 29/07/2022 23:59
Time zone: Europe/Paris
The resarch project
Funded research projects must meet the following criteria:
- Projects fitting into the Fondation's priority issues and research areas
- Fundamental or applied research project, innovative and/or technologically groundbreaking, whose results have a strong impact on scientific and/or clinical valorization
- Project with identified and achievable objectives within 3 years
- Projects that benefit or have benefited from other funding are strongly encouraged
The project leader
The call for proposals is addressed to :
- Senior researchers
- Doctoral students cannot be candidates for this funding program
The candidate team
- Freanch academic research unit
- The theme of the project must be a main research axis of the research unit and of the project leader
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF FUNDING
The amount allocated per project is €300,000 over a total period of 3 years (€100,000 per year renewable twice after evaluation of annual progress).
The funding granted may be devoted to :
- operating costs of the project (including mission expenses, which must not exceed 5% of the total amount)
- purchase of small equipment and research reagents
- subcontracts with companies and/or public and/or private laboratories
- intellectual property/patent deposit
- research master internship compensation
- salaries of a post-doctoral fellow and/or an engineer
The management costs of the managing organization will not be covered by this grant.
COMMITMENT TO THE FONDATION
If the project is selected by the Fondation, the researcher agrees to :
- To attend Jacques Courtin Day and present the obtained results to the attendees including scientists and members of the Foundation's governing bodies.
- To submit a scientific and financial report by the end of each year to allow the project follow-up and annual evaluation, which is essential to the fund renewal.
- To submit, at the end of the project, a scientific and financial report summarizing the entire project.
- To mention the ARTHRITIS Foundation in publications, press releases and any written or oral presentation of work related to the project. The co-ownership of the results of the research work is defined according to the terms of the collaboration contract between the host laboratory and ARTHRITIS R&D.
- To transmit the publications related to the project to the ARTHRITIS Foundation as soon as possible before publication.
Applications will be evaluated by the Scientific Council of the Fondation ARTHRITIS, which will call upon a panel of external independent experts (national and international) from the academic sector in the fields covered by the call for projects. Representatives of patients with RMS and industrialists may also be solicited.
Funding will be granted after the Scientific Council's opinion and approval by the Fondation ARTHRITIS’ Board of Directors, who will judge :
- the project's topic and its relevance to the Fondation's priority research areas
- the ambition of the project and its potential:
- Clinical impact and the project outcomes valorization on MSD diagnosis, prevention or treatment
- Scientific impact, in particular the valorization of results through scientific publications or patent application within 3 years
- the feasibility of the project: objectives achievable within 3 years, clear retroplanning with identified annual objectives
- the scientific quality of the project
- the originality and innovative character of the project
- the scientific quality of the project leader and his/her team (e.g., background, publications, etc.)
- All applications are evaluated in accordance with the confidentiality agreement.
- Project leaders must be careful about the format of uploaded documents.
- Applications received after the deadline and incomplete will not be evaluated.
- Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will not be evaluated.
- A team may submit only one application for funding. In case of multiple applications from the same team (HCERES certification will be used to define the different team from a same laboratory), none of the applications will be considered
Notification of results: Last quarter of the year
The results will be published on the Fondation ARTHRTIS website: https://fondation-arthritis.org/
For more information : firstname.lastname@example.org